On January 24, 2015, Cat Tail Run Hand Bookbinding in Winchester, VA delivered the restored journal and poetry book back to the Hill House Museum.
The circa 1879 journal was found in the attic when the electric was being updated throughout museum. It was in poor condition, and Barbara and Saunders Early donated the funds to have this important piece of Hill House history restored and brought back to life.
The circa 1830 poetry book was written by John Thompson Hill Jr. and the Portsmouth Historical Association provided the funds to have it restored and appreciated by all again.
Please stop by when the museum opens in the Spring 2015 for the season!